DENORMS Action’s third Workshop on “Dedicated manufacturing and experimental techniques for acoustic metamaterials and acoustic treatments” was held from 5th to 7th February 2018 in Leuven (Belgium), co-organised by KU Leuven and Siemens Industry Software NV.
In this occasion, leading experts shared their knowledge with other researchers, PhD students, young scientists and engineers from all across Europe. Three sessions, each introduced by a plenary lecture, were proposed:
- Psychoacoustics of metamaterials and acoustic treatments
- Experimental techniques for testing metamaterials and vibro-acoustic treatments
- Manufacturing techniques for acoustic and mechanical metamaterials
The AERIALIST team participated in the Scientific Committee and presented the following contribution:
- Kennedy John, Dowling Luke, Saini Jaswinder Singh, Trimble Daniel, Rice Henry, Mao Huina, Göransson Peter, “Theoretical and experimental validation of an acoustic metamaterial produced through additive manufacturing”
- Mao Huina, Göransson Peter, Kennedy John, Rice Henry, Dowling Luke, Trimble Daniel, Iemma Umberto, “Design and Inverse Estimation of Kelvin Cell Acoustic Metamaterial Properties”